Monday, July 8, 2013

I Don’t Care What People Say About My Height- Young Model Akosua Asiamah

Belinda Akosua Asiamah, Exopa Model
Belinda Akosua Asiamah, Exopa Model
 There is the perception that only tall people model, but short Exopa model Belinda Akosua Asiamah has said her height would not stop her from pursuing her career.
The 21-year-old former student of Akim State College said she does not care what people say about her height. Rather, she is focused on what she is doing now as a model.
“Seeing tall people in the modeling industry and me being a short model, it feels challenging. But I try to ignore the fact that I’m a short model and do my thing. I don’t care what people do to draw me back,” she emphasized in an exclusive interview with NEWS-ONE. 
At Exopa, she is recognized as one of the young, talented and exciting models who are not just good on the runway, but have amazing dance steps. She took part in the Exopa New Faces contest twice and became a first runner up on second attempt.
“I didn’t want to put on the bikini because I didn’t want to show my heavy behind. But it’s part of the competition, so I advised myself and showed my swag. I now feel comfortable in anything,” she said about the bikini segment of the contest.
Akosua comes from Akuapim Adukrom and the last of two siblings. She attended the Akim State College.
Growing up, she wanted to be a nurse, but she also loves modeling and thanks God she has taken up modeling. 
She started modeling from school when she took part in the Face of Akim State College, which she eventually won. So she decided to enter into the modeling industry after school. Currently she has been modeling for about a year now. And she thinks the experience has been “ok.”
“I just got in but I get people discouraging me about modeling. I love modeling and that’s what I want to do. I am not going to leave the industry anytime soon despite what people say,” she said about people who try to talk her out of the modeling. She can also dance very well and says she has been practising and learning her dance steps.

Belinda Akosua Asiamah, Exopa Model


Belinda Akosua Asiamah, Exopa Model
Belinda Akosua Asiamah, Exopa Model



By Francis Addo NEWS-ONE

  


No comments:

Post a Comment