Monday, July 8, 2013

Bible Motivates Me To Model- Young Model Thelma Nartey


Thelma Nartey
Twenty-three-year-old model and cosmetologist Thelma Nartey explains that though she has always wanted to become a model, her greatest encouragement to hit the runway came from the Holy Bible.
“When I look at myself, there is something that keeps telling me that I can really make it if I want to become a model. Because the Bible says your talent can make you stand in front of prin
ces so when I take a critical look of myself, I think with modeling I will be able to go far. That is what keeps inspiring me. Because I think I have what it takes to be a model and the Bible tells me I can make it if I really want to,” she told NEWS-ONEin an exclusive interview.
“Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a model but I didn’t know exactly what to do, until I completed ‘beauty school’. So I decided to enroll at the Exopa modeling school.
“It has been great and interesting so far. Initially, I thought I knew how to walk, until I came to Exopa to learn modeling. When I got here and I went through training, I realized I had a lot to learn. It wasn’t easy but it’s been ok.
“My first experience wasn’t easy because I had to walk in heels. I’m used to wearing flat shoes and sandals so the heels became a big challenge. I started with the pose because I didn’t know the styles of poses we have. The French pose was not easy for me. Standing straight and twisting your leg weren’t easy for me. But I endured and now I can pose,” she said about her challenges in the industry.
Thelma Nartey was the proud winner of the May edition of the Exopa New Face competition. After a nerve-racking display of catwalks and confidence, she turned out to be the judges’ favourite after that event.
She hails from New Ningo in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. A Christian, she attended Desk Educational Institute before continue to SDA Senior High School in Koforidua.
She has been flirting with Ghana’s modeling industry for the last eight (8) weeks and hopes to be a top model in the near future.

By Francis Addo  NEWS-ONE







No comments:

Post a Comment