Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Miss Universe Organisers Hot Over 2012 Prize Package


Gifty Ofori

Insignia Experience and RAC Group, organizers of 2012 edition of Miss Universe Ghana pageant are yet to make official response to complaints by 2012 winner, Gifty Ofori that she didn’t receive her complete prize package.
The 24-year-old model and nurse beat other contestants to win the pageant at an event held at the Accra International Conference Centre last year.
The 2013 edition of the pageant has started but Gifty Ofori is still waiting for her package as promised her.
NEWS-ONE sources say organizers are hot as they are being bash by the public for failing to do the right thing.
Among prizes Gifty was promised were an official car service for her year of reign, an all expense paid trip to the 61st Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas, Nevada, a three-month internship at the United Nations in New York, and a presentation and modelling portfolio shot by celebrity photographer Fadil Berisha in New York.
She was also promised a Samsung Note 3 phone tablet, four pages editorial spread in an international magazine, personal celebrity stylists in New York, Los Angeles and Accra and also management and representation by the Insignia Experience/RAC Group as well as a year of incredible experience of celebrity status and adventure. Per her contract, she will also be given a house to live in for her year of reign.
But she told NEWS-ONEearlier this week that: “I have only received Samsung Galaxy, my trip to represent Ghana at 61st edition Miss Universe in the US and the photo shoot I did. I have not received the vital packages.”
She said she had not received any official car service to go about her project. She is embarking on a reading programme and HIV sensitization project and has been using public transport to carry out the project. The internship with the United Nations has also not materialized just as she did not see any feature about her in any international magazine. Also, she has not been given that celebrity status she was promised from the beginning.
“While I was in the USA, I was waiting for internship with the UN to happen but it never happened. When I came back, I had to go out and solicit for funds for my project which I need to do. It was difficult for me because everything has to come from my pocket. Meanwhile, I have been raised to a certain standard and I have been left hanging with no one supporting me.  I have always expected the two companies to let us sit down and talk about what needs to be done but nothing is happening. They don’t care about my feelings,” she added.


Credit: NEWS-ONE

No comments:

Post a Comment