Monday, May 6, 2013

I Model When I’m Walking- Young Ghanaian Model, Victor Appiah


Victor Appiah, the male winner of the Exopa New Face contest, has said due to his new found interest in modeling, he now catwalks even when he walks in public.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with NEWS-ONE, the     24-year-old student of Lynda Online Training Institute said, “Modeling is fun.”
“It’s fun being on the runway. I don’t even know how to describe it. It is fun. I just enjoy walking on the runway. I like to do it over and over again. Sometimes after rehearsals I like to walk again and again to have more experience. 
“When I’m walking now, it feels like I’m on the runway. Sometimes I walk as if I’m modeling on the runway,” Victor added.
Victor Appiah beat 21-year-old Stephen Ahenkora of the University of Ghana and 19-year-old Tairu Oluwatobi of Ghana Technology University College, who took the 1stand 2nd runners up positoins respectively and several other contestants to emerge the male winner of the Exopa New Face contest.
He said growing up, he had wanted to do different other things in life but not modeling.
However it was his friends who encouraged him to get into modeling. 
He actually wanted to become a professional in various fields. But he finally settled on modeling and graphic designing.
“My friends encouraged me to go into modeling. They are like I have the height, so why don’t I try modeling. So I gave it a thought to go into modeling to see how modeling is like. So far it has been a good experience. I am still learning. It’s been great. I have learnt so many things but not everything. It’s fun being on the runway. I don’t even know how to describe it. It is fun. I just enjoy walking on the runway. I like to do it over and over again. Sometimes after rehearsals I like to walk again and again to have more experience,” he emphasized.    
Victor attended Queen’s Model School, Accra High School and finally Lynda Online Training Institute. Currently he looks to cause a stir in Ghana’s modeling industry as well as take graphic designing to the next level.

Francis Addo (@fdee50)





No comments:

Post a Comment