Monday, March 4, 2013

YFM’s Joel Excited For Winning Best Club MC Award


Joel of Yfm
YFM’s Joel Orleans, popularly called J.O.E.L, picked the Best Club MC Award at the maiden edition of the Accra Nightlife Awards, which was held on Saturday, February 23 2013 at The Haven, Trade Fair.
J.O.E.L grabbed the award from equally good nominees- MC Commotion and MC Coaches.
Currently, the young man is celebrating his achievement.  He is mostly known for his sup
erb voice as host of the weekly Y Campus Express Radio show, and as co-host of the drive show with Nana Kwame Osei Sarpong on Y 107.9FM.
In 2012, the multi-talent hosted events in nearly every single nightclub in Accra- Aphrodisiac, Rockstone’s Office, Club Invasion, Tantra Night Club (now 3121).
In addition, he hosted popular weekly events such as Friday Friends, Chicken & Beer, and spearheaded a lot of events such as ‘Campus Girls Rock’.
After winning the award, this is what J.O.E.L had to say, “During the night of the event, I was actually hosting another party so I couldn’t attend. I am really happy, because what I enjoy doing paid off in an award! I wish to congratulate the organization on the event, fellow award winners and acknowledge the other MCs. Thanks to my team, ‘Team Faded’, my manager, YFM and everyone who spent a pesewa to vote for me to win. I really appreciate it.”
He then added, “I did not get to read my victory speech, but winning the award proves a lot of people like what I do and the plan is to just keep doing it, but bigger and better. I am optimistic about what the future holds and look forward to start hosting major gigs such as the Chris Brown concert, the Ghana Music Awards or who knows maybe even the BET Awards.”


Credit: NEWS-ONE 

No comments:

Post a Comment