Friday, March 22, 2013

2013 AMAA Awards Best Actor Swerves Majid Michel



Majid Michel on 2012 AMAA Awards stage
Ghanaian actor Majid Michel’s hopes of retaining the position of Africa Movie Academy Awards Best Actor in leading role have been dashed, following his failure to secure a nomination for the 2013 edition of the award ceremony.
Majid won Best Actor in lead role category at the 2012 edition of the award after outshining Hollywood names Hakeem Kae Kazim and Chet Anekwe, and other contenders such as Wale Ojo from Nigeria and Karado Lance, Jafta Mamabolo and Menzi Ngubane- all from South Africa.
That was Majid’s first AMAA award after he was nominated four times since 2009.
Majid Michel on AMAA 2012 stage
Receiving his award on stage that fateful night, Majid promised African movie observes of his return, saying, “I will be back.”   
“Anytime I am given a platform like this to say something sensible, I never do. But today I’m going to try and say something worthwhile. Great thanks go to God, the crew of the movie, ‘Somewhere in Africa’, 4reez, Louis. I want to thank them for supporting me to bring that character out. I want to say big thanks to you AMAA awards.”
“This is my AMAA awards 2012. Today is a memorable day for me. I have been nominated for the past four years consecutively. I didn’t see it coming. I had a bet with my advisor- Mawuli. He told me I was going to win but I said no I don’t deserve it. So if I win I will give him the award, (he gave the statuette to Mawuli who was on stage with him and others), but I will take it later. I want to say big thanks to you my wife, my sister, my mum paid my film fees and to my father, who is late. To all single people here thank you so much for the support. I can see some faces; Nse, Rita, Kate … I don’t want to say much. I think the time is ticking. Thank you so much AMAA awards. Great job for me; next year I will be back,” he said.
But as it stands, now Majid will perhaps be back for the 2013 edition of the award as an observer and not a competitor.



Credit: NEWS-ONE 

No comments:

Post a Comment