Monday, September 9, 2013

I‘m Not Making Money Now -Comic Actor Bismark Odoi

Bismark Nii Odoi and Adjetey Anang
Bismark Nii Odoi and Kwaw Kese
 Latest Ghanaian comic sensation Bismark Nii Odoi was the most exciting character in Frank Rajah’s directed ‘Cheaters Book 2’ and became cinema audiences’ favourite at the sequel’s premiere last month.
The actor, who started his career as props and set designer, said he has not been making as much money as one may have thought.

However, he does not feel bad about it because, though he needs money, he is rather happy his style is being accepted by the public.
“…I am not making money now but I am making people happy and I am happy about that. When people laugh at what I do, it makes me extremely happy because it is not easy to make people laugh,” he told NEWS-ONE.
Bismark was discovered by director Pascal Amanfo who gave him the opportunity by featuring him in the movie, ‘For Better For War’ and subsequently in Venus Film’s ‘Single Six’ alongside lead actress, Yvonne Okoro and several others.  He has since featured in a number of other interesting and awarding movies.
He played a captivating role in Yvonne Nelson’s produced, ‘House of Gold’, with Nollywood comic ‘professor’ Francis Odega, which is winning him more fan base across the African continent.
He is also currently putting up a standard comic performance in Viasat1-produced series, ‘The 5 Brides’ alongside his performance in ‘Cheaters’. Gradually he is becoming a ‘hot cake’ for comic roles in the English movies.  
Hear him: “I started acting in 2007 but they didn’t understand my style. But now it is picking up gradually. I can’t tell what the future holds for me but everything, I give thanks to God. I pray a lot and hope gradually I will get there.”




By Francis Addo

No comments:

Post a Comment