- Superb wildlife viewing in top-class parks. Two are Unesco World Heritage Sites.
- The annual great migration where over 2.5 million wildebeest and zebra migrate from Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya.
- Authentic African wilderness with unfenced parks, dirt roads and endless plains.
- A wide range of budget, mid-range and luxury safari options.
- Beach holiday extensions on Zanzibar Island, including kite-surfing.
- Best chimp tracking of Africa in Gombe- and Mahale Mountains National Park.
- Extend your safari holiday by climbing Africa’s highest mountain; Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Direct flights from abroad make the northern and southern safari circuits easily accessible.
- Politically stable and generally safe country.
THE NETHERLANDS - SafariBookings.com conducted an in-depth analysis of 3,061 reviews of safari tourists and acclaimed experts and concluded that both have voted Tanzania as the best safari country of Africa.
Over the past two years a distinctive SafariBookings taskforce searched for those who have been on safari and invited them to write a review. As a result, over 1,000 people from 53 nationalities wrote more than 2,300 user reviews.